Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 42, 28 June

2 visitors

Flowers up near the house and lighthouse
Fred got up at 7:00 am to help the photographers get their stuff down on the tram and then helped them get their stuff on the boat that picked them up this morning. The guys were very happy with the shots they got and showed some to Fred. A beautiful day and no visitors!  I went down to the cove in the morning after being with Sac. I got there in time to see the big sailboat sailing away. After going back up to the house I weeded a bit and Fred cleaned up the guest quarters for our arriving renters at 4pm. He cleaned up their mini kitchen, bugs out of the overhead lights and vacuumed the bedrooms as well as the whole museum and gift shop. I worked on the blog that is two days late and Fred made chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. As I worked more on the blog Fred rowed out to secure the keepers box for
More flowers up by the house

lobsters. We got word that Kim was in Dulles, WA, DC and on her way to see us.  So we called Jackson to leave three lobsters in the keeper box for a feast with our honored guest.  State law does not allow lobstering on Sundays.  I did pick up some rubber gloves to wear this time when I handle the cooked lobster. My thumb has just healed from last week’s dinner.  I went down to the cove, and while waiting for our guests to arrive, filled a 5-gallon bucket with seaweed.  Our first overnight guests arrived around 4:30pm, being dropped off on the beach from Ethan’s Guppy.  We helped them with their stuff, loaded up the tram (including my seaweed), showed them their quarters and tried to make them feel at home.  Our visitors are brother and sister, he from Los Angeles and she from the Cleveland area.  While our guests
Another great sunset!

were exploring the island, I took the seaweed and carefully laid it out between my rows of young growing vegetables.  Ethan mentioned, to cut down on weeds, which are popping up all over the garden, to lay the seaweed down to keep the weeds and bay and it helps fertilize the plants.  We will have a picture in tomorrow’s blog.  Our guests came back from the various hikes in time for Fred to take them up in the lighthouse to watch the sunset.  They were very impressed and said how lucky we were to be here for the whole summer.

For dinner Fred made a salad and I cooked up two pork chops with spices, onions and Worcester sauce. When the cops were done I threw into the pan sliced steamed potatoes to grill with the onions and drippings for a bit. We had a delicious dinner and the potatoes were particularly yummy. The evening was spent listening to classical music, mwatching the news and sewing the other half of my knitted dress together. Sleepy as usual and off to bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment