Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 3, 20 May

We had a leisurely morning and then went to work! The day was gorgeous sunny and cool. Cyndy and I raked the front lawn of the grass piles from the cutting that Michael did the day before on the riding mower. He cut the lawn again getting it to the proper length. Fred and I worked on the North Trail with Fred weed whacking and me taking the big clippers to chop big over hanging stuff. Cyndy worked on mowing the picnic area and trails leading from it.
View at North End of Island
Fred ran out of the 2nd can of gas at the trail junction on the north trail and ran around the loop. I met up with him when he was coming back and decided to check out the loop also. Even though I was very tired I wanted to see what was down there. There were lots of seagulls about and a pair of Canadian geese. I reached the ocean edge and took a few pictures. So this was the north tip of the island. I went back snipping here and there. Later  Fred, Micheal and I went down to the Donkey House. While they were checking some things there I continued down the cove trail to see where it went. I reached the end to the rocks looking at the ocean. There I found a nice oar and a red buoy which I carried back to the bench that was halfway back to the cove. The evening was getting a little darker and the lighthouse was looking very pretty shining in the distance.
Sacatar enjoying the lawn

For dinner Micheal made smothered pork chops that were delicious along with Cyndy’s asparagus and quinoa. We were all beat from working so hard but managed to play a game of Scrabble before getting to bed. Fred and I had to get up early to catch the ferry the next morning for our Wed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment