Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 79, 4 Aug

51 Visitors

Pale Pink Flower from Cyn's Flower Boxes
I slept in this morning to nearly 11 am since I was up at 4 am to take Sac outside and she was restless for a while and I checked emails. Grabbed a quick shower and threw on clothes before the ferry arrived with visitors. Fred had already given 5 tours and sold some stuff to private boaters. Fred went down to the cove to assist the visitors off the ferry. The paranormal group of 10 people (we’ll call them spooks) arrived with all their equipment on the ferry and we brought their stuff up to the midpoint walkway to the house.  (There website is www.haunt-me.com.)  Fred had fixed the tram enough to use in this capacity and I did hand signals for him to follow after talking on the radio. There was no way they were going to hike all that stuff up the trail – they would be doing that all day long to the point of exhaustion.  It takes one to actually be here to access the situations and conditions before making blanket decisions on how to operate by others.
Our Garden as of 8/4/14
I managed to grab a glass of milk before manning the gift store and Fred was conducting tours. We had a steady stream of visitors all afternoon. We assisted the spooks with their questions and needs to setting up and where they could go. Sac had lots of hugs and petting from them as well as the many visitors especially the kids. There were two adorable little girls that kept popping in the store and talking to me with their stories. They each picked out a bat and a cardinal finger puppet and the rest of the family got assorted goodies. The latest big bin of T-shirts had arrived on the ferry along with another box of calendars and magnets. I inventoried and put out everything in their proper places, which took all morning. By 2:30 pm the visitors had left and we could finally eat something. I made tuna and crab melt
Peas!
sandwiches with potato chips, coleslaw, pickles and watermelon and molasses cookies for dessert. A few more visitors came about and we gave tours and talked with the spooks.  At around 4 pm the fog started to suddenly roll in very quickly. The foghorn started tooting to the delight of the spooks, who liked the mysterious fog.  I had given them the notebook on the ghost stories of the ghosts here at Seguin and other nearby lighthouses. They really enjoyed reading through those stories.
Even though it was a bit foggy I got out my painting and paints and sat outside to work on the painting. Little by little I’m putting in the details to make it look better and to my liking.  It is different and challenging to paint plein air with varying conditions every day. Maybe I need to work a bit faster. A few of the spooks took a peek at the painting in progress and one asked if he could film me with the lighthouse in the background and I said sure. I noticed two young seagulls this time and the adult lurking very close to me as I painted. Maybe Arthur has a buddy? Not likely but again, nice to think so.
It got really foggy and cold and damp near 7 pm so I packed up and brought
Pumpkin, just starting out
my stuff inside. The spooks were running around filming various things and seemed to be happily occupied.

For dinner I made chicken blankets – cooked chicken in wine and garlic chopped up and put into croissant dough with chives and rosemary. Put them in a casserole dish and pour milk/cream of mushroom soup mixture over the top and bake. Put a layer of shredded sharp cheese to melt on top. It was delicious with a salad.  I stayed up late to write two blogs and catch up. The spooks are up and will be all night gathering their ghostly data. We thought about running around in sheets and raising hell but were too tired. Fred needed to calm a restless Sac and finally off to bed, with dreams of ghosts hiding from the spooks just to annoy them – tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment