Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 92, 17 Aug

13 Visitors

Our Dear Cousins Jane and Tony Near Cobblestone Beach
This morning was a bit overcast and cool. For breakfast Fred cooked up scrambled eggs with a bit of the leftover lobster we had from last night. Bacon and English muffins rounded out the plate. I whipped up some red velvet cupcakes to throw in the oven as we were eating breakfast. Before I could get them out of the oven we had visitors and I left the cupcake duty to cousin Jane. Soon after our first visitors arrived the ferry arrived with about 10 visitors. They were given tours and they bought a few things in the gift shop. It was about 1 pm and everyone was done!  I managed to mix up the butter cream frosting for the cupcakes and squirt it in and on top of the cakes. I wrapped two in a little plastic container for Ethan and his buddy. I got down to the cove just as their dinghy was approaching to pick up passengers and gave the
Interesting Rocks Walking from Cobblestone to the Cove on the Rocks
cupcake container to one of our overnight guests who got on the dinghy to give to Ethan. His assistant paddled back with the empty container and to pick up more visitors. Everyone got loaded up and off they went back to Popham. We had the island to ourselves and the 4 of us went down Cobblestone trail with Fred taking the remains of our lobster dinner to deposit at Cobblestone. He stashed the bucket and we proceeded to hike around the peninsula on a pleasant sunny but cool afternoon. Jane and Tony were not accustomed to hiking on rock cliffs and we went slow allowing them to be careful and enjoy the spectacular scenery. Fred did go ahead and checked to see if anyone had arrived in the cove but they didn’t and he returned back to us. We retrieved some buoys that we had found earlier and had stashed. We
Late Summer Flower Down by the Ocean
slowly worked ourselves around to the tip and returned via the Cove trail to the kiosk. Fred and Tony started up to the house while I waited just a few minutes with Jane and then we went up.
We were all hungry so it was time for a late lunch of salad that Jane made and guacamole with chips that I made and we heated up the leftover French fries and a few fish pieces that we had from our lunch at Seadog Brewery. Just prior to lunch a couple showed up for a tour which Fred gave. Fred came running to me with my pointe shoes telling me about the lady visitor that was a dancer and a violinist like me!  So I went over to the gift store to chat with her and her boyfriend who was a fisherman. We had a nice chat and we eventually invited them in to see Sacatar, who they noticed through the screen door to our house.
More Interesting Rock Formations, Maybe a Dike Though the Rock
We continued to have a nice chat with them and I showed her my violin, which was right there by the door.

After our very late lunch we all relaxed further with our activities – mine being blog writing and Jane worked on some beautiful colorful embroidery. Fred made up all 5 of the guest beds in the guest quarters and Tony wandered outside exploring. It looked to be threatening with thunder clouds and rain but it dissipated and we had a nice partly cloudy late afternoon into sunset. I finished up one blog while sitting on sunset bench and watched the sunset that was pretty but not spectacular. It got steadily colder and everyone made his or her way inside to warm up and relax in the living room. The time slipped by as it
Late Day Clouds by the Cove Entrance
does so quickly here and no one was particularly hungry for dinner. I worked on knitting for a bit and then chopped up the ingredients for mango salsa using some homemade chipotle seasoning that Tom and Julie brought me. Jane also helped me chop up some of the ingredients. Jane and Tony were soon tired from their wonderful day and hiking and went to bed. Fred and I were a bit hungry and had some leftovers for a late small dinner. Fred worked on getting the pictures into our blog and I knit some more. Fred went to bed and I stayed up to write this blog into the wee hours of the night after a nap and evening wash up for bed. Finally – I am caught up with the blog and I can very sleepily go to bed feeling content with that finally.  Till tomorrow when I have to write the next one!  Too tired to dream, need to sleep before I have to get up to make popovers for everyone and start another enjoyable day on our remarkable little isle with our dear cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment