Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 85, 10 Aug

81 Visitors

Our Dear Friends Tom and Julie from Nashville
Gorgeous morning number 85 for our enchanted isle. I got up early – 8:30 am to make popovers for everyone. In between baking of them I grabbed a shower and was ready for the day. Both Tom and Julie and our overnight guests would be leaving on the 1:30pm ferry with Ethan and I didn’t want to think about that. We had a lovely breakfast of popovers, grapefruit and strawberries. Then the visitors came en mass from the ferry and private boats and we were busy as hell. Tours and sales went on through to 1:30 pm. Fred headed down to assist with people getting on the ferry. I said a tearful goodbye to Tom and Julie with hugs and kisses, they came on short notice and just as quickly disappeared into a stunning afternoon. It was so great to have them and share our special island with them. They were such help with cooking and cleaning up dishes and was fun catching up on our each other’s lives.

I also gave hugs to our overnight guests and a special pat and caress to Sam who left right after Tom and Julie. They seemed to have a very good time also on an incredible weekend.
I didn’t have time to mourn since there were still visitors lurking about for tours. This went on for a little while and we were able to grab a lunch of sorts of leftovers from our guests and stuff in the fridge. I needed to work on my painting, which I had neglected due to my treasured guests. So I hauled out the table and chair and all my stuff. I got it all going with the final fine tuning and of course some people show up for a tour which I gladly gave after dipping my few paintbrushes into water and asked them to babysit Sac who was sitting with me at my painting site. It was a group of kids with about 4 adults. I took the kids up first and half of them were attentive and appreciative. We went outside on the catwalk and they were all amazed. Two of them flung their sandals and crocs off the catwalk and I didn’t balk since there was no one else around and they were otherwise well behaved – even saying thank you to me for the tour. I then brought up their adults who had a nice tour.
SuperMoon Rising over the Tram and Flag (Full Moon at it's closest Distance to Earth)

Finally I could get back to my painting and Sac who was a bit restless without me there, or the kids petting her. At this point it was so serene and peaceful and so perfect for my last perfection work on the painting. I concentrated on the fine details of the painting, which makes it finally and so subtly look perfect and complete. I knew this precious time would be too brief and valuable. Unfortunately I was getting cold and bitten and raced into the house to get more cladding on with bug spray. While I was changing into my shielding a few more visitors showed up – it was about 6:30ish – can’t they leave us alone? Turns out it was Lindsey and Pepper and their friends and doggy. Fred met them down in the cove while he was working on shortening the tram cable so that a frayed section of the cable could be thrown out.  I asked Fred if he could take care of them so I could resume my painting – which he gladly did. I did work away in the steadily colder temps and evening. I finally got to the point of satisfaction and completion and signed my initials and date in the lower right corner to call it complete. One does need to know when to stop! My hour of peaceful bliss of creating was gone, as I knew it would be. But I was appreciative that I did have it if only so brief. The sunset was dissipated into a foggy cloud into the horizon. I thought how fortunate that our guests during the weekend had such spectacular sunsets. I gathered my stuff back into the house and placed my precious weeklong artwork with the brushes to rest and relax. It as dinner time and we made a simple supper of salad and French bread pizzas which added garlic, oregano and mushrooms. It tasted very good. I was exhausted from the busy day and the leaving of our dear friends and passed out on the couch with Sac at my side on the floor. I wrenched myself up to wash up and a shower since we were to have an interview early the next morning – at 8:30 – HA!

Yes 8:30 am is early for a night owl like me.  I did manage to get to bed and start dreaming of the incredible super moon shining a glistening path upon the sea right outside my bedroom window.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fabulous time and would not change a thing. It was an experience of a life time. Rekindling an old friendship was the BEST. Thank you for everything. We love you guys and hope you will consider coming through Nashville on your way West. Love you both, Tom and Julie

    ReplyDelete