Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 95, 20 Aug

26 Visitors

Cook's Lobster House, Baily Island, Maine (Photo from their website)
We had another stunningly beautiful morning that was the calmest yet – the sea was like glass and we had the easiest entry to the ferry yet. Fred and Tony had rowed the dinghy out to meet Ethan with our stuff which wasn’t much this time and Jane and Tony just had a few things. The dinghy was left on the mooring for Ken to use later in the day and Ethan brought the boat in closer to the sand beach so the Wednesday warriors could get off with their things and Jane and I could climb aboard in the dead calm cove. No bruising to the body this time with the gentle climb in. We had a pleasant ride into Popham and Pepper was on board to cuddle with. Tony and I walked back to the church to get the cars while Jane and Fred waited with our stuff. Off we went to town stopping to drop off the recyclables and onto Cyndy’s to get water, dump trash and say hello to Cyndy and Hinkley. We continued on to Mae’s CafĂ© for a big breakfast. I left a bit early to get my haircut at Hair Creation by Jordan who cut it so well in June. Fred stayed with Jane and Tony to finish their breakfasts and I met everyone back in Bath in the parking lot behind Reny’s.  Jane, Tony and I went over to Halcyon yarns to do a little shopping while Fred ran some errands. Jane got some angora yarn for booties and I got a pretty yarn called painted desert to make a shawl. I also got a totally matching shawl pin. I had purchased a bunch of yarn in May and it was sitting in the car all this time. I went to mail all my yarn home that I had gotten there but they said they would only mail the yarn I got that day. WTF? What difference does it make when I got it – I did get it all from them and spent over $400! I sent them an email  complaint about their treatment of a good customer – will see what they say if anything. We then left our car over at Shaw’s and piled into Jane and Tony’s car and went over to Brunswick to run a few errands and finally took a drive over to Bailey Island for lunch at Cooks Lobster House even though we weren’t real hungry. Since the restaurant has been there since 1958, Fred probably eat there as a kid while visiting friends on Baily Island.  We had a nice lunch together and a pleasant ride back through the lovely Maine countryside. We arrived at Shaw’s and said our goodbyes, they left to head for home and we headed for grocery shopping. We didn’t need much since we are winding down our stay and need to eat up what we have on hand which is plenty. People brought us a bunch of wine towards the end here so we didn’t have to buy that.  We stopped at the Bath post office to mail all my yarn and a few other things back home in a big box. We stopped back at Cyndy’s to pick up the water cube and some of my refrigerated
Sunset
medication, which arrived the day before. I quick hug and kiss to Hinkley is always required. One more stop at Percy’s store to pick up some ice cream and more post cards. I almost sold completely the last bunch at a $20.  So I got 20 more since they were needed and will finish out our time here. The postcards we had never sold well. Got on the ferry with Ethan and away we went back home to Seguin. It was still so calm and easy jumping off the boat and retrieving our few things. The 3 workers got back on and away they went.  We were beat from our long day and relaxed a bit in the gorgeous quiet afternoon. We did have two groups in the afternoon one couple came about 7:30 pm with their cute springer spaniel. I was on sunset bench reading a book but welcomed them and gave them a nice sunset tour.  After they left it was getting dark and I made a salad and threw a pizza in the oven for dinner. I was quite exhausted at this point since I didn’t get a nap and took a nap at around 9 pm. I awoke after Fallon and Myers and did some emails before crawling into bed around 2 pm.  Too tired to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment