Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 60, 16 July

0 visitors

Foggy Day at Seguin Island
We woke up to another very foggy day.  It rained much of the night and continued to rain on and off all day, sometimes very heavy.  As for the last two days, we had no visitors.  This was not surprising due the high seas and fowl weather.  We had a relaxing morning not doing much because of the lousy weather. Fred went up into the lighthouse to enjoy the storm and I battled my orchestra profile on the computer since they changed the way they did things with a new and improved system and I was unable to access it. So much for new and improved. We had some soups and Red Lobster cheese biscuits that I baked up from a mix with added fresh cheddar cheese for lunch. After lunch I went up into the tower and resumed cleaning Beauty for about 2 hours. The upper prisms were grimier than the lower ones and I concentrated on cleaning them from the outside of the lens. It was slow and methodical but I was able to get them cleaner than the time before and she really started to look brighter and clearer. It was so nice to see her shine and glow with even more improved life. On this foggy dreary evening it was even more important for her to shine brighter than before. Two hours was enough work for the evening and I was feeling every little cut and scrape on my fingers from the mussel collecting as I used every muscle in my little fingers to clean and polish the smooth glass. I came back to the house for an ice cream break with Fred and he told me of the options for shore leave for the next two days. We chose to go off Friday at 10:15 am and return around 5:30 pm.
I decided to bake a pumpkin roll that I had bought the mix for a few weeks back. It was somewhat involved with using parchment paper and rolling up with cheesecloth then later pulling that off after cooled and spread the butter cream filling on the 1-inch slab of cake. I then rolled it up again and put in the fridge to set. I was done this special roll to present as Fred’s birthday cake a day late. We had for a late dinner a salad with the roll for desert.


No comments:

Post a Comment