Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 75, 31 July

27 Visitors

Spider Web in the Morning Dew
This morning started off foggy with Tooter tooting away.  I got up to raise the flag and noticed many little spider webs coated in dew. I ran around taking photos of various ones that looked beautiful in the morning light. The rest of the morning was spent knitting and catching up on emails.  Ethan arrived with the ferry and about 25 visitors. Fred gave them tours while I manned the gift shop. As the afternoon progressed the fog eventually dissipated. Sac was outside napping in her usual spot and visitors were milling about everywhere. I gave one last tour to a group of five at around 1:30 pm. They had the nicest weather since the fog was completely gone by then. Fred was at the cove helping the visitors board the dinghy to the ferry. After all the visitors left I worked more on my knitting and finally had a late lunch. Fred had eaten and went down to the cove area to do some repairs on the injured tram and mow the lower areas.

I gave Sac her afternoon walk and meds and finally got down to the cove at around 5:30 pm. Fred was relaxing after his strenuous afternoon and we noticed a nice sailboat moored in the cove. A couple from the sailboat came ashore and we greeted them. The man’s grandfather was a Keeper at the Cape Neddick (Nubble) Lighthouse. Fred gave them a nice tour and I went over to the bench area off of the Cove trail to relax in the late sun and read the Icelandic Horse book lying on the grass. It was a luxury to spend a few hours like that to enjoy some reading instead of doing a million other things. I finished two chapters and wandered further
My patch on the tram support truss. Also reinforced cross members.
down the Cove trail to the end getting some nice sunset pictures of the sailboat in the cove. I went back to the cove and took some pictures of more flowers in my flower box at the kiosk and then went down to the cove beach to look for sea glass in the fading light. I found some nice pieces and gathered my stuff and hiked back to the house. Along the trails the raspberries are ripening and it is fun and delicious to pick them off as you go and enjoy them. There was still some pretty late evening light when I got back to the house and I gathered some lettuces and herbs for a salad. Sac was sleeping soundly in her spot. I made my Singapore Sling with my newfound proper cherry brandy, which is the required ingredient and it did taste perfect. It’s so hard to find cherry brandy and I found it at Bracket’s in Bath. I love that little market.  I was using blackberry brandy but it’s not the same. A shot of apricot brandy made it real nice also.
Sunset over the cove
I completed a salad and took a shower before settling down to write the blog and munch on the salad. Fred cooked up some sole with lemon, dill, butter sauce which was yummy. We watched Jimmy Fallon and more knitting to complete the day. Off to bed we went and dreams of Icelandic horses running free and happy in the stark barren countryside of their beautiful homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment