Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 24, 10 June

4 visitors

Today in the pleasant morning, Fred did some weed whacking on the main trail, and around the house. I opted to change our flannel sheets to nice cotton ones since it has warmed up. I took the curtains off the guest quarter’s bathroom window to be washed in the laundry tomorrow. Our first guests who will be staying there will arrive June 28. The other side of the house upstairs has the guest quarter’s, which consists of two bedrooms, bathroom and a little alcove with a microwave and little fridge. These guests pay to stay here to enjoy being out at this special lighthouse and to raise funds. This income helps to support the care of the lighthouse. The guests bring their own food and drink and are essentially self–sufficient. We can have our own personal guests come and visit and stay with us in the other bedroom on our side of the duplex.

Visitors getting back on the Guppy, note man carrying lady to keep her feet dry!
Fred also put some nice rich soil in rock crevice areas around the big rock outcropping just outside the kitchen door. I planted a bunch of flower seeds in these areas hoping for some nice rock flower gardens. I had done a bit of that yesterday on another rock outcropping – they are all over the place. My other planted areas have more of my baby plants showing up – how exciting! We got a call from Ethan in the afternoon asking if he could bring some friends over to see the lighthouse – but of course!  So he showed up with two very nice couples and we gave them a grand tour of everything. It’s always so nice to get excited and appreciative people with lots of questions and interest. We enjoy telling them all about this incredible place. After they left I resumed my planting and then decided to give myself another ballet class – this time starting off proper with my tights and leotard on. I discovered the end of the bed in our bedroom is an ideal ballet barre to hang onto at about the right height. All the floors in the house are hardwood, which is perfect. I just move the throw
Flowers down by the cove
rug and instantly have my little ballet studio. For some stretching I can use the railing carefully upstairs surrounding the stairwell. It is a bit low but it works. I then go downstairs to do adagio in the dining room, again moving the throw rugs and table a bit. After about an hour and I’m all warmed up, I put my pointe shoes on and carefully and slowly work my feet in my tortuous little devices. I do have to be very careful on the dining room floor since it is rather slippery while en pointe. I do some work in the kitchen, which has a floor not so slippery since it is painted and not varnished. I did about ½ hour of pointe work and the feet felt pretty good – just the right amount of numbness and no pain. That is why I have to work out regularly so my feet don’t hurt when I dance. I can’t do everything like I do in a studio (flying leaps) but enough single turns, bourres, pirouettes, and arabesques in small groups. My lower back started aching a bit, so I ended my workout with stretching exercises on a big balance ball which we drug out here (un-inflated). Ah, it felt so good to dance and stretch (properly) again! Fred worked on some computer and phone stuff while I was flitting around the house. We had a salad and were too tired for anything else – needed to get to bed early since we had to get up early for our trip off the island the next morning. Sweet dreams of swan lake as I dosed quickly off.

No comments:

Post a Comment