Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 40, 26 June

0 visitors

Two Seagull Chicks on South Trail (Remember click on image to enlarge)
Our 40th day!  Whow, it goes fast.  Did not get off the island today again due to the high sea states in the morning. I made some raspberry squares for breakfast, which turned out good. Fred pruned the South trail while I pruned the Cove and Cobblestone trails. Fred saw numerous seagull chicks and had several close encounters with protective parents.  Two actual hit him in the head. Good thing they have webbed feet and not talons! After coming back from the trails I started to get together my ingredients for almond, cheese, asparagus chicken casserole.  I used the recipe that I used a few weeks ago and combined it with another similar one that used almonds. This time had had some very fine asparagus that would be nice and tender. I had whole almonds and had to chop up a 1/3 cup and
Poison Ivy, note shinny leaves in groups of three

also used our fresh chives from the garden as well as chopped up some white cheddar garlic cheese. I set this stuff aside and went to dust the lens (Beauty) with just the microfiber cloths. If there was a bird poop spot up high that I missed last time I did spray the Swiffer a tiny bit and wipe with it and finish polishing with a cloth wrapped around the Swiffer. I learned what to do last time and got some areas this time that I had not done quite right at the beginning last time. I got about halfway around the outside of the great lens before sunset and my right wrist started aching. She really looked nice though with just the clean polishing to remove the light dust and smudges. I felt really connected to her this time as I touched her with the cloths around my hands since cleaning her thoroughly weeks ago -  like visiting with an old friend. I actually polished each lens with the clean cloths and somehow strained my delicate little wrist – geeze what a princess!  Fred popped up with my phone to let me know that my friend Kim from Denver area was planning on coming out for a visit and hoped to arrive Sunday. I quickly called her back and we chatted a little bit. How nice it would be to have her come for a visit.  We worked in the same office about 40 years ago and have kept in touch through all the years. We finally got to visit with her and her family in December when we drove out to the east coast for Christmas and stopped in the Denver area overnight. I talked to her while sitting next to Beauty and gazing out at the spectacular 360 degree panoramic sunset. The ocean was a deep azure blue with the dark black, silhouetted  land masses and islands. The deepening sky was many shades of dark muted colors that were an artist’s dream – my dream to capture and paint. I said good night to Beauty and got back to the kitchen to finish up the casserole and put it in the oven. Made a salad while it was cooking. The casserole turned out scrumptious, cheesy with a bit of that nutty texture and flavor from the almonds that added nicely to the chicken and asparagus. Hope I can remember what I did for next time – will have to write it down.
Seguin Lighthouse at Sunset

Worked on sewing my knitted dress together and got ¼ done before getting too sleepy and hitting bedtime – needed to get up early to catch the ferry. I did step out to see the night sky and it was spectacular looking up at the tower with the Milky Way blazing across overhead and starry constellations all about. Drifted off to sleep with visions of the starry heavens swirling about.

No comments:

Post a Comment