Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 41, 27 June

16 visitors

At last we got off the island after a 2-day delay. Got water at Cyndy’s house and gave Hinkley lots of hugs and kisses. Next was a quick bite of breakfast at the Creamery in Town and a trip up to visit with Catherine to turn in money and receipts from the week. Collected our mail and off to Reny’s for a few things and then to my haircut. I finally got my shaggy noggin trimmed very nice and short again by Jordan at Crossroads. She did a great job and I walked about ½ mile along a nice paved path back to the launder mat where Fred was doing our laundry. Along the way I noticed a nice big robin standing on the side of the road. Something seemed odd so I went over and she just stood there – I wondered if she had been hit and was stunned. I walked right up to her and picked her gently up in my hand. She stayed perfectly still and I ran back to the edge of the forest to let her go. As I put her on the ground she flew up and around me and entered the forest. I hope she will be all right.
So we finished laundry and headed to the vet to get more meds for Sac. Did a few more errands and then went to the Sea Dog Brewery in Brunswick for lunch where we sat outside right along the strongly flowing Androscoggin River. The river was very high with rapids due to the recent rains.  It was very pleasant to just sit and relax and have a nice lunch.
Sea Dog Brewery and Topsham's Bowdoin Mill (image from net)

After lunch we decided to drive North for a change and go to Wiscasset to see what was up there. As we drove up there we noticed little strawberry stands along the side of the road and thought to get some on the drive back. We got to Wiscasset with a bit of Friday traffic and parked a walked a little bit to get some ice cream and walked around a bit more. I did stop in a gift store and got the neatest plush blue/gold lobster. I had to get some friends for him so I picked up 2 blue jellyfish and a neat blue starfish – all stuffed toys. They would look real nice in our guest bedroom as décor for our personal guests to enjoy. So back we went stopping at a Shaw’s grocery store near Wiscasset to get our food. Continuing on the way back south we did stop at a little strawberry stand and got a quart of berries. Onward we went back to Bath to exit where we got caught on the shipyard road letting out all their employees at 3:30 pm. Workers everywhere and the traffic stopped for 5 minutes as the workers mass exited the shipyard.  Then to Phippsburg and back to the dock to catch the Guppy. Ethan was just pulling up as we got there and unloaded our stuff. We had a nice sunny cool ride back to greet our Friday warriors ready to head home. We were greeted in the water by the local Seguin Mermaid who looked very much like Cyndy!  Our Mermaid left a watermelon in the fridge for us.  How nice.  There was a great big beautiful sailboat mooring in the cove. On the beach were two young gentleman who just got there and they were photographers who were going to spend all night on the island getting spectacular night shots of the lighthouse and stars and Milky Way. Fred and the guys loaded up the tram with all our stuff and I gave the hand signals to have it reach the top. After unloading we had a nice chat with the photographers and told them about the trails and all about the lighthouse and ourselves. They wandered off and we relaxed outside in the warm still sunshine on a glorious late afternoon. I sat outside with Sac and cut all the tags on my purchases and Fred laid out on a bench to nap a bit.
This is NOT Seguin, but we hope to have a actual
picture posted later
The sea critters look really cute in the guest room that is shades of white and blue. I do hope Kim makes it out here to see and stay. Around 7 pm two gentlemen showed up from a sailboat in the cove and were interested in being up in the tower at sunset to take some pictures. I told them that would be fine and we chatted a bit and they busied themselves for an hour. At around 8:15 pm they returned and I took them for a tour up in the tower and we enjoyed a pretty sunset with Mt. Washington and they got some nice pictures. Went back down to secure everything and we had a chat with the photographers who were excited for evening to come for their night pictures. They showed us some of their spectaculars shots of other lighthouses and we were curious to see what they would shoot here. We were exhausted from our busy day and had leftover casserole and raspberry squares from the day before for dinner. My wrist was till aching so I finally took some Bayer Back and Body and it did help a lot with subsiding the pain. We kept just the lights in the living room on low in the evening so we wouldn’t disturb our guests. I even washed up by candlelight and went to bed that way- hmm just like in the days of old. Really feeling like a genuine Keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment